Sheet Bend Tutorial
- Make a bight as per the second picture below.
- The working end of the black cord passes under the bite and over the upper orange cord.
- The pass the working end of the black cord back under the top orange cord and under the bottom orange cord.
- The black then passes over the orange cord and tucks under itself and then passes again over the top orange cord.
- Finally pull the knot up tight so that the black cord locks itself around the orange cord.
This is the very basic version of tying the Sheet Bend knot. I will show more secure versions later. There is also a video at the end of this post.